INX-ZA001/2016/07: Invitation for Bids by INX-ZA for the Supply and Installation of Ethernet Peering Switches
Procurement Number: INX-ZA001/2016/07
Note: This tender is no longer current.
INX-ZA is an autonomous division of the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) of South Africa. We currently operate the only completely community-run Internet exchange points in South Africa, namely the Johannesburg Internet exchange (JINX), Cape Town Internet Exchange (CINX) and Durban Internet Exchange (DINX).
The Internet exchanges (INXes) provide the only neutral facility for ISPs and operators of Internet Protocol (IP) networks to connect and exchange traffic in South Africa. The exchanges encourage the routing of domestic Internet traffic by providing an optimal path for traffic to reach other networks within the same city, country or continent. This reduces the usage of expensive long-distance links and improves network performance.
INX-ZA invites bids from eligible bidders for the supply and installation of Ethernet switches for its Internet peering exchange points.Bids must be sent to a 3rd party who will release all bids to the Evaluation Committee after the closing date of the bids, for assessment. All bids should be sent via electronic mail, and will receive an automated response indicating that submission was successful.
This bid is for the purchase of new and improved network switching hardware to cater for:
- Current, and future port expansion at the INXes
- Deployment at new sites
- Technology enablement for desirable future services
- Seamless enhanced security through newer technologies
The descriptions above make a generic technology statement, and does not enforce the use of a particular set of technologies. Vendors may provide a technical solution that fits this need, and that is inline with their hardware’s capabilities, but must also represent a recognised industry standard, and be capable of being shown as in-use in the industry.
Preference will be made to standards-based, non-proprietary solutions, that have a proven record of working in the IXP, or Internet service provider environment.
Bidding is open to all suppliers who can demonstrate that they:
- Are a registered Company
- Have been in operation for at least five (5) years, and have a proven record of supply, in this field of technology, to the ISP sector.
- Be a licenced and authorised distributor for the vendor in the South African region
- Have a TAX clearance certificate
- Have staff operating, and preferably support facilities in each of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban
- Be able to perform remote support and warehousing as necessary from each of Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg
- Have industry certified and trained staff to support the INX-ZA technical team as appropriate
Detailed information on this bid will be made available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bids must be accompanied by:
- Company Registration Certificate
- Certified Copies of ID documents for listed Directors
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of Bank account details
Closing date is 10h00 on Friday 2016-08-26. Bid specification documents will be forwarded to the INX-ZA Evaluation Committee on Friday 2016-08-26 at 10h30. The quotes will then be submitted to the Evaluation committee of the suppliers who met the technical specifications for a final decision on or before Friday 2016-09-02.
Installation needs to be completed by 2016-09-18.