Applications closed on Wednesday, 30 December 2020, at 17:00.
ISPA has a long history of promoting educators and since 2004 has been responsible for the Super Teacher of the Year award. This award recognised teachers who have excelled in using technology in the classroom. At the end of this programme in 2019, over 3000 teachers had completed the teachers training course.
ISPA has now moved its focus to concentrating on unemployed youth development in South Africa and will be awarding bursaries to promising young persons to achieve their ambitions in the Internet industry.
Click here to apply:
To support, develop and invest in the youth of South Africa.
- To Improve the level of skills in the ISP industry by investing in skills development
- To strengthen the information technology sector
- To enable promising young candidates to pursue a career in the information technology sector by providing financial support to assist in covering IT and computer courses relevant to the ISP sector, at recognised TVET or higher education institutions.
Who should apply
- South African Citizens
- Individuals recognised as youth age, as prescribed in the National Youth Policy
- Individuals currently studying or intending to study at a recognised tertiary institution or vendor in 2021
- Must not be funded by any other bursary
- Priority will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals
- Previous experience in the information technology industry is not a prerequisite for applying
How to apply
- Step 1: Click on
REGISTERto upload your information. Create login details and register.
- Step 2: You will receive a confirmation email with your login details once you have registered.
- Step 3: Log in to the website using your credentials and apply.
- Step 4: Upload all the required documents before 30 December 2020.
- Step 5: Enter the information required and provide your motivation for receiving an ISPA Inspires bursary
- Step 6: Await feedback.
Click here to create an account:
The successful candidates will be notified by the end of March 2021. If you have not heard from ISPA by 15 April, then please assume that your application has not been unsuccessful.
Signing up for the programme does not guarantee employment following graduation nor does it guarantee that if you apply that you will be awarded the bursary.